Here are my early thoughts on the game straight after the final whistle:
- Some quality flowing football in the first half without calling Foster into action
- Evans and Ferdinand have developed a solid partnership in the absence of Vidic
- Ashley Young a constant threat down the left although often lacking in an end product
- Scholes and Carrick show importance of their influence after lack of control in that area on Thursay
- Pogba is staying! The boy has clearly come to his senses. Classic Fergie to give him a cameo role
- Welbeck has had a fine season but sometimes gives the impression he tries to hard to impress. Consistency will come with experience
- Hernandez much better outside the box and unlucky not to score
- Rooney the director of operations on the pitch. Inventive and incisive.
- Could be a pivotal day in the title race with City losing. Can they handle the pressure as the climax of the season draws near.
De Gea - 7
Jones - 6
Evans - 7
Ferdinand - 7
Evra - 6
Evra - 6
Scholes - 6
Carrick - 6
Young - 7
Rooney - 8
Hernandez - 7
Subs - Pogba - 7, Cleverley - 6
What are your thoughts on the game and the player performances? Please continue the debate by leaving a comment below.